I just really found this fascinating, odd…but fascinating.
Keep in mind I’ve had two glasses of wine tonight.
Did you kow that “Snap-Crackle-Pop” is not universal? Nope (at least that’s what Wiki tells me) The following has been cut and pasted from a wikipedia article:
The onomatopoeic noises differ by language:
- English: “Snap! Crackle! Pop!”
- Canadian French: “Cric! Crac! Croc!”
- Spanish: “Pim! Pum! Pam!”
- German: “Knisper! Knasper! Knusper!”
- Danish: “Piff! Paff! Puff!”
- Finnish: “Riks! Raks! Poks!”
- Dutch: “Pif! Paf! Pof!”
- Afrikaans: “Knap! Knaetter! Knak!”
Oh, and in Australia they call them “Rice Bubbles.”
Learn something new everyday!